Job for Neurodiverse Adults
Zera Café provides supportive and meaningful employment for neurodiverse adults. Working at Zera Café is more than just a job; it is a place to socialize and learn life skills and independence.
Our operations run smoothly with the support of a Job Coach and over 30 dedicated, energetic volunteers that nurture our staff with ongoing patience and sensitivity.
Reports to: Job Coach
Perform a variety of tasks related to serving customers and assisting with food preparation in a catering kitchen (which is also an adapted workplace).
Duties & Responsibilities:
Learn new skills in the context of:
- food preparation: such as washing, cutting, peeling, mixing, pouring, measuring, etc.
- food packaging: such as filling containers, sealing, labelling, etc.
- inventory management: counting, stocking shelves.
- other tasks: Cleaning, waste management.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work standing for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work in a busy environment with some distractions;
- Ability to work in a team setting;
- Ability to follow instructions
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Good hygiene practices (requirements to wear PPE)
- Ability to communicate in both English and French is an asset
- Hourly – to be discussed
For more information on how to apply, please email [email protected].